We fight to win inequality and the politics of youth activism /
|Main Author:||Gordon, Hava Rachel, 1974-|
New Brunswick, N.J. :
Rutgers University Press,
ix, 254 pages ; 23 cm.
Rutgers series in childhood studies.
Table of Contents:
- The development of urban teenage activism: opportunities and challenges at the turn of the millennium
- Reading, writing, and radicalism: the politics of youth activism on school grounds
- Allies within and without: navigating the terrain of adult-dominated community politics
- Toward youth political power in Oakland: the adult gaze, academic achievement, and the struggle for political legitimacy
- Toward youth political power in Portland: the adult gaze, mainstream media, and the problems of social visibility
- Gendering political power: gender politics in youth activist networks.