The business of changing the world how billionaires, tech disruptors, and social entrepreneurs are transforming the global aid industry /
"Drawing on two decades covering global development as editor in chief of Devex, Raj Kumar explores how nontraditional models of philanthropy and aid are empowering the world's poorest people to make progress. Old aid was driven by good intentions and relied on big-budget projects from a f...
|Main Author:||Kumar, Raj, 1975-|
xiv, 241 pages ; 24 cm.
- Prologue :
- An enduring gift
- Introduction :
- End of charity
- Billionaire effect: disruptors with deep pockets
- Demand for results: good evidence is hard to find
- People, not widgets: what do people really need?
- The "pure" social enterprise: products with purpose
- Big business for good: corporates becoming social enterprises
- Aid goes retail: crowdfunding & direct aid
- Open source aid: the case for openness
- Systems thinking: embracing complexity
- Ending extreme poverty: getting to absolute zero by 2030
- Ushering in a new era: what we can do.