Classroom cultures equitable schooling for racially diverse youth /
"This practical resource will assist secondary educators in creating equitable schooling environments for racially diverse youth. The authors identify key aspects of successful strategies and offer recommendations for tackling the many challenges of implementing effective school change. Chapter...
|Main Author:||Knight-Manuel, Michelle|
|Other Authors:||Marciano, Joanne E.,, Milner, H. Richard, IV,|
New York :
Teachers College Press,
xii, 147 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Introduction : why is change necessary?
- Understanding teachers' racial identities, experiences, and culturally relevant pedagogical practices
- Challenging stereotypes, supporting students' strengths
- Building productive teacher-student relationships : constructing new academic practices
- Facilitating culturally relevant peer interactions : building on youth's relationships with peers
- College talk : challenging race and inequities.