Rare books and special collections
From cuneiform, coins, and codices to prints, drawings, photographs, and maps, departments of rare books and special collections are the premier repositories of significant printed and manuscript works and artifacts. Entrusted with the responsibility of preserving the records of history and culture,...
|Main Author:||Berger, Sidney E.,|
Neal-Schuman, An imprint of the American Library Association,
xxii, 537 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Foreword / by Joel Silver
- Some practical realities
- Running a rare book department
- The physical materials of the collection
- Physical layout and operations
- Legal issues
- Book collecting and handling
- Preservation, conservation, restoration, and disaster planning
- Special collections departments today
- Other issues