Excellent daughters the secret lives of young women who are transforming the Arab world /
"For more than a decade, Katherine Zoepf has lived in or traveled throughout the Arab world, reporting on the lives of women, whose role in the region has never been more in flux. Only a generation ago, female adolescence as we know it in the West did not exist in the Middle East. There were on...
|Main Author:||Zoepf, Katherine,|
New York :
xii, 258 pages ; 25 cm.
- And let them throw their veils over their bosoms
- Religious education is a great protection for a woman
- Most promiscuous virgins in the world
- Washing away the shame
- Before we get married, we have each other
- It becomes very difficult to go home again
- Driving will lead women to leave their homes a lot, whether they need to or not
- Girls who were detained were not like your daughter or mine.