Handbook of research on teacher education enduring questions in changing contexts.
|Other Authors:||Cochran-Smith, Marilyn, 1951-, Feiman-Nemser, Sharon., McIntyre, D. John., Association of Teacher Educators.|
New York : [Manassas, VA] :
Routledge ; Co-published by the Association of Teacher Educators,
xxxvi, 1354 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
|Edition:||3rd ed. /|
Table of Contents:
- Foreword / W. Robert Houston
- Pt. 1. What's the point? The purposes of teacher education / editor, David T. Hansen
- Pt. 2. What should teacher's know? Teacher capacities: knowledge, beliefs, skills, and commitments / editor, Carl A. Grant
- Pt. 3. Where should teachers be taught? Settings and roles in teacher education / editor, Kenneth Zeichner
- Pt. 4. Who teaches? Who should teach? Teacher recruitment, selection, and retention / editor, A. Lin Goodwin
- Pt. 5. Does difference make a difference? Diversity and teacher education / editor, Ana Maria Villegas
- Pt. 6. How do people learn to teach? Teacher learning over time / editor, Sharon Feiman-Nemser
- Pt. 7. Who's in charge? Authority in teacher education and licensure policy / editor, Suzanne M. Wilson
- Pt. 8. How do we know what we know? Research and teacher education / editors, Marilyn Cochran-Smith and Kelly E. Demers
- Pt. 9. What good is teacher education? The place of teacher education in teachers' education / editor, Mary M. Kennedy.