Digital history a guide to gathering, preserving, and presenting the past on the Web /
|Main Author:||Cohen, Daniel J. 1968-|
|Other Authors:||Rosenzweig, Roy.|
University of Pennsylvania Press,
316 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
Also available via the World Wide Web.
Table of Contents:
- Promises and perils of digital history
- Exploring the history web
- Getting started: the nature of websites, and what you will need to create yours
- Becoming digital: preparing historical materials for the web
- Designing for the history web
- Building an audience
- Collecting history online
- Owning the past? The digital historians guide to copyright and intellectual property
- Preserving digital history: what we can do today to help tomorrow's historians
- Some final thoughts
- Appendix: Database software, scripting languages, and XML.