Culturally proficient instruction a guide for people who teach /
|Other Authors:||Robins, Kikanza Nuri, 1950-|
Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
xvi, 200 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
Table of Contents:
- What is cultural proficiency?
- Culturally competent praxis
- Culturally proficient standards
- The case for cultural proficiency
- Barriers to cultural proficiency
- The cultural proficiency continuum
- Assessing your culture: naming the differences
- Valuing diversity: claiming the differences
- Managing the dynamics of difference: reframing the differences
- Adapting to diversity: training about differences
- Institutionalizing cultural knowledge: changing for differences.