Developments and advances in defense and security proceedings of the Multidisciplinary International Conference of Research Applied to Defense and Security (MICRADS 2018) /
This book includes a selection of articles from The 2018 Multidisciplinary International Conference of Research Applied to Defense and Security (MICRADS'18), held in Salinas, Peninsula de Santa Elena, Ecuador, from April 18 to 20, 2018. MICRADS is an international forum for researchers and prac...
|Corporate Authors:||Multidisciplinary International Conference of Research Applied to Defense and Security Salinas, Ecuador)|
|Other Authors:||Multidisciplinary International Conference of Research Applied to Defense and Security, Rocha, Álvaro,, Guarda, Teresa,, SpringerLink (Online service)|
Cham, Switzerland :
1 online resource.
Smart innovation, systems, and technologies ;
- Intro; Preface; Organization; Honorary Chair; Honorary Co-chair; General Chairs; Local Organizing Chair; Scientific Committee; Contents; Cybersecurity and Cyberdefense; Empirical Study of the Application of Business Intelligence (BI) in Cybersecurity Within Ecuador: A Trend Away from Reality; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Background; 2.1 Business Intelligence Systems and Their Field of Application; 2.2 Management of Large Volumes of Data in Cybersecurity; 2.3 Cybersecurity and Visual Representation of Patterns Based on Large Volumes of Data; 2.4 Cybersecurity and Its Trend in Ecuador.
- 3 Research Methodology4 Execution and Results; 4.1 Execution; 4.2 Results; 5 Discussion and Conclusions; 6 Future Works; References; Situational Status of Global Cybersecurity and Cyber Defense According to Global Indicators. Adaptation of a Model for Ecuador; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Initiatives to Measure Countries' Commitment to Cybersecurity Issues; 2.1 Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI); 2.2 North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); 2.3 Group of Eight (G8); 2.4 Cybersecurity, Cyber Defense, Cyberwar, and Cybercrime; 3 Methodology to Perform the Comparative Analysis.
- 3.1 Bibliographic Research and Determination of Analysis Criteria3.2 Tabulation and Normalization of Data Extracted from ITU; 3.3 Analysis of Data; 3.4 Statistical Analysis of Data of the Selected Countries; 4 Evaluation Results and Discussion; 4.1 Evaluation with the Established Criteria; 4.2 Model Resulting from the Performed Analysis; 5 Conclusions; References; Applicability of Cybersecurity Standards in Ecuador
- A Field Exploration; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Organizations of Standardization and Standards Related to Cyber Security; 2.1 Standardization Organizations.
- 2.2 Standards and Related Specifications2.3 Analysis of the Scope and Coverage of Related Standards; 3 Applicability of Cybersecurity Standards in Ecuador, Field Exploration; 4 Evaluation Results and Discussion; 4.1 Description of the Results of the Field Exploration; 4.2 Discussion; 4.3 Applicability, A Cross Analysis; 5 Conclusions and Future Work; Acknowledgment; References; Computer Vision in Military Applications; Mathematical Models Applied in the Design of a Flight Simulator for Military Training; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Related Works; 3 Theoretical Framework.
- 3.1 Mathematical Model of the Basic Forces of an Airplane3.2 Rotational Movements of the Airplane; 4 Research Design and Implementation; 4.1 Mathematical Model of the Front Velocity; 4.2 Mathematical Model of the Vertical Velocity; 4.3 Mathematical Model of Lateral Velocity; 4.4 Mathematical Model of the Turns of the Plane; 4.5 Explanation of the Main Equations and Functions of the Flight Simulator; 5 Experimental Results and Discussion; 6 Conclusions and Future Work; References; Autonomous Video Surveillance Application Using Artificial Vision to Track People in Restricted Areas; Abstract.