The physiotherapist's pocket guide to exercise assessment, prescription and training /
This book is for therapists involved in exercise therapy for the prevention and treatment of disease. It covers exercise assessment, current prescription guidelines, precautions, exercise design and clinical case studies. The book also includes exercises to increase strength, power, local muscle end...
|Main Author:||Glynn, Angela.|
|Other Authors:||Fiddler, Helen., ScienceDirect (Online service)|
Edinburgh ; New York :
1 online resource (ix, 218 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Exercise Physiology
- Chapter 2. Principles of Therapeutic Exercise Design
- Chapter 3. Exercise to Increase Cardiovascular Fitness
- Chapter 4. Exercise to Increase Muscle Strength
- Chapter 5. Exercise to Increase Muscle Endurance
- Chapter 6. Exercise to Improve Power
- Chapter 7. Exercise to Increase Range of Movement and Flexibility
- Chapter 8. Prescription of Home Exercise Programmes
- Chapter 9. Group Exercise
- Chapter 10. Exercise Through the Life Span
- Chapter 11. Exercise in Acute Conditions
- Chapter 12. Exercise in People with Chronic Conditions
- Chapter 13. Case Studies.
- Introduction to exercise physiology
- Principles of therapeutic exercise design
- Exercise to increase cardiovascular fitness
- Exercise to increase muscle strength
- Exercise to increase muscle endurance
- Exercise to improve power
- Exercise to increase range of movement and flexibility
- Prescription of home exercise programmes
- Group exercise
- Exercise through the life span
- Exercise in acute conditions
- Exercise in people with chronic conditions
- Case studies.