Bio-applications of nanoparticles
In this edited book, we highlight the central players in the Bionanotechnology field, which are the nanostructures and biomolecules. The book starts by describing how nanostructures are synthesized and by describing the wide variety of nanostructures available for biological research and application...
|Other Authors:||Chan, Warren C. W., SpringerLink (Online service)|
[New York] : Austin, Tex. :
Springer Science + Business Media ; Landes Bioscience,
1 online resource (xx, 207 pages) : illustrations.
Advances in experimental medicine and biology ;
- Synthetic strategies to size and shape controlled nanocrystals and nanocrystal heterostructures / P. Davide Cozzoli and Liberato Manna
- Current approaches for engineering proteins with diverse biological properties / Isaac T.S. Li, Elizabeth Pham, and Kevin Truong
- Past, present, and future of gold nanoparticles / Travis Jennings and Geoffrey Strouse
- Multi-functional gold nanoparticles for drug delivery / Gang Han, Partha Ghosh, and Vincent M. Rotello
- Quantum dots for cancer molecular imaging / Xiaohu Gao and Shivang R. Dave
- Carbon nanostructures as a new high-performance platform for MR molecular imaging / Keith B. Hartman and Lon J. Wilson
- Magnetic nanoparticle assisted molecular MR imaging / Young-wook Jun, Jung-tak Jang, and Jinwoo Cheon
- Patterning metallic nanoparticles by DNA scaffolds / Rahul Chhabra [and others]
- Liposomes in biology and medicine / Reto A. Schwendener
- Fluorescent nanoparticle for bacteria and DNA detection / Wenjun Zhao, Lin Wang, and Weihong Tan
- Dendrimer 101 / Lajos P. Balogh
- Quantum dots and other fluorescent nanoparticles: quo vadis in the cell? / Dusica Maysinger and Jasmina Lovri
- Toxicity studies of fullerenes and derivatives / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa
- Toxicity studies of carbon nanotubes / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa.