Island universes structure and evolution of disk galaxies /
This book contains an up-to-date review of the structure and evolution of disk galaxies from both the observational and theoretical point of view. The book is the proceedings of the "Island Universes" conference held at the island of Terschelling, The Netherlands in July 2005, which attrac...
|Other Authors:||Jong, Roelof Sybe de, 1965-, SpringerLink (Online service)|
1 online resource (xxiv, 581 pages) : illustrations (some color).
Astrophysics and space science proceedings ;
- Properties of Stellar Disks
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Disk Galaxies
- Bars, Spiral Structure, and Secular Evolution in Disk Galaxies
- The Outskirts and Environment of Disk Galaxies
- Interstellar Matter
- (Evolution of) Star Formation in Galactic Disks
- Disk Galaxies through Cosmic Time
- Formation Models of Disk Galaxies
- Conference Summary.