Images of organization
"This book is based on a very simple premise-that all theories of organization and management are based on implicit images or metaphors that stretch our imagination in a way that can create powerful insights, but at the risk of distortion. Gareth Morgan provides a rich and comprehensive resourc...
|Main Author:||Morgan, Gareth, 1943-|
Thousand Oaks :
xv, 504 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Mechanization takes command : organizations as machines
- Nature intervenes : organizations as organisms
- Learning and self-organization : organizations as brains
- Creating social realty : organizations as cultures
- Interests, conflict, and power : organizations as political systems
- Exploring Plato's cave : organizations as psychic prisons
- Unfolding logics of change : organization as flux and transformation
- The ugly face : organizations as instruments of domination
- The challenge of metaphor
- Reading and shaping organizational life
- An overview
- Some images of organization
- Implications for practice.