London journal, 1762-1763
The intimate journal of Scottish author James Boswell, written at the age of 22 during his second visit to London, a time when he began to pursue his career as a writer, and in which he first met Samuel Johnson.
|Main Author:||Boswell, James, 1740-1795.|
|Other Authors:||Pottle, Frederick A. 1897-1987,|
New York :
xxix, 370 pages : maps (on lining papers) facsimiles ; 25 cm.
Yale editions of the private papers of James Boswell.
Table of Contents:
- V.1 Boswell's London Journal, 1762-1763
- v. 2 Boswell in Holland, 1763-1764, including his correspondence with Belle de Zuylen (ZeÌlide)
- v. 3 Boswell on the Grand Tour: Germany and Switzerland, 1764
- v. 4 Boswell on the Grand Tour: Italy, Corsica, and France, 1765-1766
- v. 5 Boswell in Search of a Wife, 1766-1769
- v. 6 Boswell for the Defence, 1769-1774
- v. 7 Boswell: the Ominous Years, 1774-1776
- v. 8 Boswell in Extremes, 1776-1778
- v. 9 Boswell: Laird of Auchinleck 1778-1782
- v. 10 Boswell, the Applause of the Jury, 1782-1785
- v. 11 Boswell, the English Experiment, 1785-1789
- v. 12 Boswell: The Great Biographer, 1789-1795.